Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Frolicking on Command

all.set.skirt

I am mid-thigh deep in Quilt Market preparation, layered in with book completion, final new pattern tweaking and what feels like everything else. I am only now getting sample yardage of my newest fabric collection, Field Study, which was suppose to be here in its entirety about 3 weeks ago.  So sewing it up in all that we had planned for booth samples has been interesting to say the least, as we have changed plans about 82.3 times now.  With less than half the time to sew that  I normally have, I've pulled in twice the help and every day there is some new plan about what exactly we are sewing depending which of the 36 total quilting fabrics has arrived.  Because there is such a rush, the mill is sending them piece by piece, sometimes 6, sometimes only 3 prints at a time.  It. Is. Kooky.  But somehow, it is keeping all the creating spontaneously chaotic in an entirely good way.  Like this little skirt might not have come together just like this yesterday afternoon if it weren't for the fact that these are 2 of the 6 fabrics that arrived yesterday, promptly creating some head scratching, then swift cutting and sewing, and of course last minute frolicking courtesy of Eleni for a pre-sunset photo. This is the All Set skirt, part of my first kids pattern collection (and I can safely say my first pattern bearing a kangaroo pocket).  Can't wait to share the rest of the new fabrics and patterns.  And I'm not even hiding anything.  I can't wait to see them either.  As in I'm camping on the front porch waiting to attack my poor Fedex man with scissors, needle and thread.

Also, I ate a strawberry out of our vegetable (fruit?) garden yesterday.  I've never tasted anything like it.  It was sweet spring perfection.

Happy May! xo, AM

31 comments:

  1. The skirt is awesome!
    As for the rest... well, all I can think to say is: BREATH!
    You busy, busy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I wish I could help you attack your new fabric and help you sew for Market! I'm thrilled (along with you) to see Feild Study. Its already on my wish list which I've given over to Justin. And a children's line?! Its like you knew I have a new interest in sewing for my kiddo! Cannot wait, Anna Maria. Do take a breath and eat another strawberry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds stressful! That fabric is beautiful though and I really can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for finishing in time! You just used some magic words for me in your post, new fabric line and children's pattern collection. Well, at least now I know what to spend my fabric money on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish i were closer to help you sew! if there is anything i can do from afar, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just this weekend I was planning a skirt with a kangaroo pocket for my 3 1/2 year old! Guess it will appear very hip since everyone will have seen your version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and blog!:) Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks like she's having fun with that adult commanded frolic! LOL Great job, and all of your hard work is paying off (and inspiring me BIG TIME! I can't wait to get my craft room up and running!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVING THE SKIRT!!!
    I cant wait until you have them to sell.
    and BREATHE! everything will turn out just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shirt is Super Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you're not even hiding anything! So funny =). Love that background fabric. Now THAT looks like spring perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! So excited to get a glimpse of Field Study! I hope the staggered delivery of fabric produces more happy accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would come sit on your porch with you, but that might seem odd. The skirt is adorable, the fabric gorgeous, and you are phenomenal!! Add me to the list of over-the-top excited folks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, now that sounds crazy!! I hope everything arrives to you quickly! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad it's finally coming! And the skirt looks wonderful... My little Scarlet needs one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more! Good luck getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh.my. I can hardly wait to get my hands on some Field Study!!!
    xoAchaia

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to say that I myself- an adult- want that skirt for me! Can you make an adult version?? After Quilt Market??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your fabric is so... whimsical and exciting. I love it all, and that orange and pink -- just so so pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how i seriously love you collections and ideas... you seriously totally rock mama!

    Can I say I love you??!! teehee...

    Blessings,
    Samantha (Woodland Woolens)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I love the little glimpse of fabric and the pattern, well I know 2 little girls who will have to have several!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooooohaaaaah! Looking pretty!! Thanks for the peek at the new collection, can't wait to get it in!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. My Elena would love that skirt and pocket combo.
    (Seriously, I didn't realize that two of our kids have such similar names.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just lovely fabric and skirt!
    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ack! Taht skirt!! Do you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha,ha. Nevermind. I totally skipped the part about the pattern above. Can't wait for it to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was delighted to find this web site. I wanted to thank you for your time reading this wonderful! I really enjoyed every bit of it and I've marked to ensure that the blog post something new.
    Crystal x tegal
    Cara Pemakaian Crystal X yang Benar
    Penyakit Kewanitaan yang Sembuh dengan Crystal X
    Mengupas Manfaat dan Bahaya Crystal X
    Ketahuilah Tingat Keasaman Miss V Mulai Saat Ini

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post and a really good blog. Thank you so much for your efforts to put this amazing source of useful information together. Keep the great work up!
    Crystal X Murah
    Manfaat Crystal X
    Efek pemakaian crystal x
    crystal x dapat membantu program hamil
    crystal x baru

    ReplyDelete
  31. you write a beautiful article share good information its increase my knowledge writing level is to quality easily understand over all good work.
    Pusat Toko Herbal
    Beauty Mellons
    Cream walet
    Entropy Cream

    ReplyDelete