Friday, January 17, 2014

January Gathering

january
I am ridiculously happy with myself.  I decided to stay color inspired this year by pulling together a group of 12 fabrics every month to reflect what I'm calling the mood of the month.  Keep in mind it is entirely arbitrary, really, but I do think there is so much to the language of color and a common feeling that we all share when it comes to the calender changing.  I am offering them as bundles for sale, but really am most excited about looking at my own prints in a new way.  Pulling from various collections, new or not.  I am hoping it'll inspire you in a positive way too, whether its just the enjoyment of looking at the image or a new direction in your own color stories.    The only rule I am setting on myself is to not create them ahead of time.  I have to be in the month to be feelin' right?  Right.

So for January, my words of inspiration are: wood piles, snowflakes, crocheted blankets, full moon, icicle, mittens and new perspectives.

Happy Friday! xoxoxAnna

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! All of your fabrics work so well together regardless of color or collection. I love them all and look forward to your monthly combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fantastic, so vivid and full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your mood for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bundle ~ just tried to buy it ~ says it's not yet available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh might be sold out. Will chk first thing Monday am and get back to you!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Oooh from me too!!!
    Are there more bundles?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know about Anna Maria Garthwaites? I didn't until today and how cool is that? Check it out here: http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/04/05/at-anna-maria-garthwaites-house/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I have been slowly collecting your fabric and this will give my colelction a boost! I have a quilt started and I'm kind of stuck, but perhaps the bundles will help direct me! I do love your designs. You are truly painterly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh darn it - you're already sold out! Will it be available again this month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That WAS fast!

      So we won't have anymore of this kit because one of the fabrics is gone for real and for ever (the blue/white Woodcut print). BUT most all of the others are available by the yard elsewhere in the shop. If you would like for the girls to custom cut this kit with a substitution, just shoot an email!

      pierrette@annamariahorner.com

      And you can look forward to February's gathering! xoAM

      Delete